With the upcoming 2012 Mega Speed Custom Car and Truck Show in Toronto, we thought we'd put together a list to help things to consider before buying a car trailer to transport your vehicle.
1. First, what is going to carry? If it is a race car, antique cars, muscle cars, custom cargo trailer will be open enough; or, would you need a trailer covered with additional storage options? If you want to get more information about car trailer you may contact us.
Image Source: Google
2. What vehicle would you use to pull the car trailer? It is important to know the total weight of the vehicle is being loaded; you are considering the weight of the trailer and the towing vehicle to ensure they will work together. Otherwise, you'll risk of unwanted damage.
However, you will need to look to the brakes and consider whether electric or hydraulic brakes are a better choice.
3. How do you plan to load and unload the car or truck to the trailer and will be carrying more than one car?
4. Where will the trailer be stored when not in use? If you store it in a garage, shed, warehouse or store the machine, make sure that the trailer will clear the entrance.
5. If you are considering a closed carrier, think about what you want the interior to be like. Do you need extra storage for extra supplies, accessories, and supplies?
6. What kind of obstacles that will need to pull the trailer car and what you will need to make sure you can get it to stop? Your dealer should be able to help you with the specifications required for obstruction.